(Found while surfing) Interesting, cheap source of parts, schematics, repair docs...

I stumbled upon this site quite by accident.

(And no, I don't work for them, so if you are dumb enough to report me for SPAMMING, then the joke is on you) ;->

-- -john

~~~~~~~~ The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining - JFK ~~~~~~~~

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Yo Johnny

Their prices are unbelievably cheap. Haven't purchased any yet so it remains to be seen how their service stacks up.

In any case this is not spam. Putting ads in NG's is ok according to most charters..."...provided restraint is exercised"

Ppl confuse spam with ad posts, and yes, the joke is on them. LOL.

--
Peter E. Lowrie

Peter Lowrie

Get a clue.

"Found while surfing" does tend to indicate it is an ad.

The fact that the guy posted to sci.electronics sci.electronics.misc sci.electronics.repair further suggests he is pushing the site, since the first became a bogus newsgroup when it was split into the various subgroups we have today and have had since 1995. And while he puts in the dead group, and the misc one, he doesn't bother with an obvious, .components This too indicates a lack of familiarity with the hierarchy, which only adds to the impression that he's here for self-promotion. Other telltales would be a lack of posts to these newsgroups (I didn't check extensively, but some skimming of the archive shows nothing), and his over the top munging of his email address. Often, the ones who spam the most are the ones who fear spam the most.

And before you go around giving permission for ads, you really ought to pay attentiion.

None of the newsgroups in the sci.electronics.* hierarchy are for ads. Read about it in Mark Zenier's guide to the hierarchy at ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/seguide9706.txt Mark was one of the people, maybe the most significant one, behind the split of the hierarchy back in '95.

The place for related ads is misc.industry.electronics.marketplace and even then it isn't a catchall forsale newsgroup.

Also of interest, as I mentioned just last week when someone similarly felt ads were allowed, would be rec.radio.swap And of course, there are always local and regional buy and sell newsgroups.

If the guy's not connected to the site, he hasn't proved it yet. And until he proves he has more interest in the newsgroups than to promote the site, I will not take it for a helpful pointer but as an ad.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Looks like they both the first spammer and the alleged person who responded, spammed, that it was not spam only spammed the groups three times so far, per Google Groups. Seems like both Peter Lowrie and Johnny are the same people.

Reply to
David

No, David, we are not the same person. Check the headers!!

-Peter

David wrote:

remains

most

--
Peter E. Lowrie
Peter Lowrie

Ya, like spammers don't use different header or fake header information. I was amused to see the posting on several newgroup servers three times with different time stamps by both people however.....

Reply to
David

hierarchy,

Headers can be forged. If you are not the same person you must be its BIL.

Reply to
Thinker

I agree 100%. When the newsgroups were chartered, any advertising on the net was against regulations, because the net was funded by the govt, and it was to remain strictly non-commercial. Of course that's all changed, but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable to spam newsgroups with ads. There are other ngs that are for advertising, and sci.electronics.* ngs are not.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

remains

most

Hi Ya-all.

Sorry can't concur. If you want an ad/spam/crosspost free NG, then use moderated ones.

He who is without sin, cast the first stone. As it happens I feel that the original post was made by a kind soul who thought the info would be useful. As it also happens, I found the same site recently and found it to be excellent - minus the dodgy english. :-)

So take it any way you like but take your holier than thou attitude and shove it where it belongs...Wattson-a-name: you are not immune to crossposting and asking questions that could be answered by more rigorous research prior to bombarding NG's. Furthermore I have personally answered your queries in times past with helpful information, I refer you to your blatant crosspost referencing the 2N2222 transistor as a recent example.

The Charter I read (paraphrased) says it's ok to post professional and commercial adverts provided that RESTRAINT is exercised.

When I read angry posts by precious self appointed NG Police I have to laugh because more often than not they are mistaken, speak only for themselves - and - when a blatant ad is posted, they (NG Police), up in arms, post, flame and scald which generates even more interest in the originating post than would otherwise have been the case had they ignored it.

Before you go running-off at the keyboard, why not check the headers of the (offensive to you) poster and compare it to the IP# of the site they are so enthusiatically informing you of, in order that YOU are not made to look like a plonking idiot. In this case you're talking about a Canadian poster talking about a Philipeno site...Connected, yeah right.

Now, whatsaname, I can see from your various (cross)posts that you are an erudite, enthusiastic electronics person who, if you are in the market for components, would find the quoted site very useful indeed...Like I did.

BTW, try saying something nice and do your part to raise the tone of the entire group.

2c
--
Peter E. Lowrie
Peter Lowrie

How does the location of the server relate to where the owner posts from? You can by server space anywhere in the world. The only proof someone definitely was a spammer would be an identical match of the IP address. What is to stop someone from using a free dialup account to spam from, to prevent a matching IP address?

--
7 days!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida