Found Out Something Else Today

Have you tried a 750mAh NiMH AAA cell?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, I didn't have any at that time. I since have ordered some AAA Nimh batts thru eBay, that are supposed to be 700mAh, but in a low current device like a voice recorder, the NMimh AAA bats don't last near as long as a standard Duracell AAA Alkaline. Of course, condsidering they came thru eBay, who knows what sort of crappy nimh batteries they really are. I was really disappointed in them.

But I was just so astounded at the design of that camera. I mean

850ma is more like what I would expect a design with a D cell to call for. Certainly not a AAA. Glad I didn't pay money for the camera. :)

Now I have an relatively low end digital camra based on what you can buy today, that uses 4 AA batts and I have Nimh batts in it. It seems to run forever and IT has an LCD display and flash as well. Just no use in trying to fight with that tiny little current hog.

cheers

buck

Reply to
buck rojerz

Try using a large cell lead acid rechargable battery. That's what I use for a little digicam I got through a internet promotion. It originally used 4 AAA's but would only shoot about 12 pics before quality started dropping, forget even using the flash which would kill the bats in no time. I opened it up and wired in a small micro size coaxial powere plug and made a battery pack using a small 2.3 amp lead acid rechargable. Made a small hard modular hard case for the battery that connected to the bottom of the cam via the 1/2-20 thread mount for tripods. the cam is now a bit bulkier but can take up to 200 pics between charges. And the recycle time for the flash is down to 2 seconds. It kmakes a good carry around cam for snap shooting on the go.

Reply to
tweak