Found: Datasheet stash.

flipper

That is just too damned easy. LOL

Bill

Reply to
Bill Garber

ISTR they have a daily limit on downloads, so it'd take the rest of your life to rip the lot!

Reply to
ian field

message news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

to rip the lot!

Sorry Sir, I did not realize that your goal in life was to own everyone else's documentation. 8^)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Garber

There's no internet access on the PC where I do my electronics work, so I can't just go online every time I need a datasheet.

It makes sense to grab any datasheets that the opportunity arises, that way I cover most eventualities.

Some people have it easy and think everyone else is the same!

Reply to
ian field

life to rip the lot!

else's documentation. 8^)

can't just go online every time I need a datasheet.

cover most eventualities.

So, get a wireless router, and have internet on your work machine.

Darn, and I almost felt sorry for you, too. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Garber

What do you use to cull the data? I have an old copy of sitesnagger, works ok.

Martin Riddle

You have established a daunting goal to acquire a personal copy of the datasheet for every device made.

Look, I simply offered a source. Maybe it'll be useful if you need one not in your stash. If not then no harm done.

You're right that Internet access makes things much, much easier and I'd make having it a priority, if at all possible. Out of curiosity, what is the major obstacle to access on your electronics work PC?

Reply to
flipper

He may have sensitive materials there that he simply refuses to take any chance of it getting tampered with or lost. I actually am working on getting my online machine separated from my hobby work. Sure, not nearly as sensitive as if I worked for people, but still, there are things that I prefer people not to be able to peer into if they can break through. 8^)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Garber

My broadband account feeds the PC where I spend the most time - I can't afford a second account for the other PC. Should the need become pressing enough, I can always hook up a 56k modem, but the cost would be too high for any files of substantial size.

There is an incidental advantage, since I carry all my downloads on DVD-RW disks to the other PC, I automatically have a backup on the collection of DVDs should anything happen to the HDD.

Reply to
ian field

Speedbit DAP, you have to enter each folder in turn and right click to "download all with DAP" - Its advisable to set up a download folder that you know where to find rather than rely on the default. Otherwise everything is more or less intuitive. One point is to set "file exists action" - its best to select rename.

There's also a sm0vpo ftp site at:

ftp://202.46.3.77/array1/VOL1/onno/library/cd-orari/orari-diklat/teknik/elektronika/baluns-SM0VPO.pdf

You can plug this URL directly into filezilla.

Reply to
ian field

What about using a router between the cable modem and the PCs? You don't need two accounts, you might just need to supply the MAC address of the router to the cable company. Tell them you've changed NICs.

DVD's don't last forever...

Reply to
JW

Well, that's solvable with a router as it still looks like 'one' PC. Can do the same thing with Internet connection sharing through the one on broadband but that means it has to be on for the other to get access.

Reply to
flipper

The local authority might take a dim view of me slinging a cable over 2&1/2 miles of town.

Reply to
ian field

DVDs indeed do not last forever - not even very many years. I have a few Verbatums from 2004 that are no longer readable - hard drives last better than that! It makes sense these days to use hard drives for backuups and then turn them off and store them against the need to recall the data.

On the other hand almost all the CDs that I burned in the late 90s are still good. Even the no-name ones.

John :-#)#

                     www.flippers.com
John Robertson

ian field Inscribed thus:

If you have a router you should be able to plug in several machines. A typical modem/router will support at least 125 machines.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.