Film scanner service v.s. film and slide sanner puchase

Does anybody know if there is any place that provides the service to convert the film into digital pictures?

I was also looking for an affordable film and slide scanner, but I am worried that even if I purchase it, it may not have the high quality and resolution the professional services use thus the pictures I converted from the film may not be good enough. Or maybe you have know some good brand film and slide scanner?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reply to
Hilbert

Any number of photo processors offer this service, such as Ritz, offer that service. Usually the dynamic range of the scans is pretty good, but resolution may or may not be adequate, depending on the film. What kind of film is it and what kind of resolution are you looking for? Film varies tremendously in its resolution. Is it monochrome or color? High speed or low speed. The Ritz and similar services would be fine for higher speed film and many color films.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

For a small fortune, Nikon has a very high resolution slide/film scanner. Something greater than 3000dpi if I remember correctly.

John

Reply to
news

This has nothing to do with this newsgroup.

sci.electronics.misc is about electronics, not "electronic equipment" that is too often now shortened to "electronics". It's abut what's inside.

It's not a consumer newsgroup, it's not a photography newsgroup, it's not a computer newsgroup. Any one of those would be way more appropriate, and you'd actually get a good answer.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I might argue this one (though in general I agree with you). The A/D used certainly is a factor in this one. And even if it is not circuitry issue per se, I certainly am concerned about performance and reliability of components and subsystems.

The question was certainly more on topic than the endless spam for tennis shoes.

I do agree too that the OP would get better answers from rec.photo.digital.

Reply to
Don Stauffer