FA: Qty (50) Teledyne RF Relays with built in FET drivers

Cleaning out my shelves. These are high reliability relays with built in FET drivers.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Ott

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:40:16 -0800, "Christopher Ott" Gave us:

What is the date code on them?

If it is older than one year, they cannot be used in ANY mission critical equipment, or any mil spec jobs. That negates any comparison of them with new product.

Most of that high price you found was due to small number quantity pricing, and mainly that reliability factor, which is blown to hell by the old date code.

They are worth about ten bucks each, since they can only be used in non commercial, personal applications. Nobody that isn't commercial would need fifty of them. Allowing the set to be broken would likely get you that amount for them in small sets to interested parties. Onesy Twosey thing. They would all likely sell as well.

Trying to grab a high price for them based on the claim of high reliability is a bad call too, because they are no longer reliable if they are past the date code. Also, they would have to have been sealed in a desiccated environment for this whole time too.

On the other hand, I have relays at work the size of three dimes stacked together, that are hermetically sealed cans at $180.00 each... on a good day... Just about anywhere. We have since replaced that bastard with a $15.00 hermetically sealed can 3/8 inch on each side, and four dimes thick (1/4"+)

Nice relays, though.

Reply to
DarkMatter