explain this

I use an armband radio while running. The battery compartment lid is damaged, I repaired it using a sophisticated high tech rubber band technique.

Occasionally, the lid connection is visibly loose, yet the battery indicator shows high capacity. But when I adjust the elastic to tighten it, the display will drop to a lower capacity. Similarly, if I thumb press the lid tight, it also shows low capacity.

huh?

How reliable are these battery indicators, anyhow? They're ubiquitous, so they must be very cheap.

--
Rich
Reply to

Lid connection? The lid has a connection to it?

I don't think I've ever seen one. Is it on the battery, or on the radio, or what?

Reply to
micky