Everything but the Kitchen Zinc

In article , snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net mentioned...

Well, that's the problem. Instead of coming up with something original, I come up with building this invention that's a hundred years old, and can be replaced by a 50 cent AA cell that's available at just about any store around. I should be disciplining my mind to do something more useful. But then of course if we really did that, we would be out making money instad of BSing here in the newsgroups. ;o)

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

Thanks for the info. They sell ingots of alloy, 4 something percent aluminum, which I wonder if that would cause a problem with the chemical reaction. Aluminum is pretty reactive.

One thing I found by searching and looking at other things with the word zinc. The fittings for flex electrical cabling are made of die cast zinc. So I could probably get a few handsful of those and melt 'em down into a crows foot.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

If it's ZINC you want, then you can buy zinc strips at roofing supply stores. They are used on the apex of roofs to prevent moss and lichens from growing.

Reply to
Stepan Novotill

: In article , : snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net mentioned... : > : > : > "Watson A.Name - Watt Sun" wrote: : > : > > : > > Sometimes I wonder why I come up with such silly ideas. : > : > Whatever you call the thing that makes you come up with what : > you call "silly" ideas - that's the very thing that drives the : > advancement of science. : : Well, that's the problem. Instead of coming up with something : original, I come up with building this invention that's a hundred : years old, and can be replaced by a 50 cent AA cell that's available : at just about any store around. I should be disciplining my mind to : do something more useful. But then of course if we really did that, : we would be out making money instad of BSing here in the newsgroups. : ;o)

Neh, it's interesting, and may as you say be useful when there are no AA's!

While you're on 100 yr old technology, batteries, zinc, iron, copper, etc ... Stubblefield's "earth batteries" might be interesting to peruse some info on.

(there are two pages there)

Definitely some weird reports, shades of Tesla, etc ... and the remarks about lights &etc being powered indefinitely make them seem right up your alley ;-)

Obvioulsy a puzzle, and perhaps more to them than immediately apparent?

Reply to
RdM

I do not know where this strange error comes from but zinc is a metal, and sink, as in kitchen sink, a noun is a place in which foul liquid collects. Note the metal is spellet with a z as apposed to a s in the latter instance. Cheers Roy

Reply to
Roy

sink,

In the words of Foghorn Leghorn: "Its a joke, son. I say, its a joke!"

--
Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In article , snipped-for-privacy@absamail.co.za mentioned...

sink,

Just a little humor.. I got to thinking about the thin zinc strips that was mentioned. One website showed how to make the gravity cell battery. They start out with a zinc crows foot and copper strips, and add copper sulfate crystals. The battery is shorted for 24 hours, and that makes the layer of zinc sulfate liquid. So if zinc strips were used, they would probably be dissolved quickly because of this action. My assumption is that is why they use thin copper strips but use a much thicker cast zinc crows foot.

But then another website said to pour a layer of zinc zulfate on top of the copper sulfate. But why bother when you can make it as above? See URL

@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

sink,

the

Yeah,

then ctrl-F, type joke, and hit enter twice.