electrical shock

A few hours ago, after my friend opened a disposable camera and was playing with the capacitor, I picked up the circuit board and almost immediately felt a shock. I dropped the thing as soon as I felt the shock, but now I'm worried about what it could have done. I looked at the capacitor and it was rated at 330v 120uF. I realize that because I picked it up with both hands, this went straight through my heart, but is there anything that I need to worry about?

Reply to
jdog1016

If you are still breathing, then there is nothing to worry about unless you include George Bush

Reply to
Michael Gray

If there was a flash bulb in the camera the capacitor was probably part of the charging circuit.

No. But you can take this intelegence test to see if your brain has been affected...

Colin

Reply to
CWatters

That is wierd.

Reply to
Mjolinor

In article , snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu mentioned...

Yes, you should worry. You made it thru okay this time, but what about the next time?

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:40:47 +0100, "Mjolinor" Gave us:

It is spelled WEIRD.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Nothing to worry about if your heart is okay. Now if it were 50/60 Hz. A.C., you might be getting defibrillated about now.

Reply to
Baphomet

been

That as well :)

Reply to
Mjolinor

It is spelled INTELLIGENCE. The Windows philosophy is perhaps best summed up by the instruction: "To shut down your computer, click on the Start button..."

Reply to
Charles Jean

--
No, "it" is spelled "it".

But perhaps you were referring to the conventional spelling of "weird",
in which case you should have written something like: ""wierd is
conventionally spelled "weird"".

It's the nuances which give the language its flavor, dont'cha know?
Reply to
John Fields

that D.C. can cause defibrillation.

OOPS! Should read fibrillation.

Reply to
Baphomet

And incidentally, modern defibrillators use a big assed monopolar Lown Waveform to STOP the heart from fibrillating.

Reply to
Baphomet

Don't know about "must", but that's true - I don't pretend otherwise.

What - this morning!

As oppposed to a.c. - which is where we came in. You could hook up an electric drill to one of those air-space caps (as popular in old radios) and beat their patent :-)

btw a pity some abusive lang is creeping about over this. Surely we can all disagree without that.

Reply to
dave

Dave -

You must not be up on the latest capacitor technology. It was just announced by the I.E.E.E. that there is a new axial lead electrolytic that spins around an axis with a rotational velocity equal to the ac frequency. From its point of view, it is storing dc :-)

Reply to
Baphomet

message

Well that one went over my head !

Reply to
Mjolinor

---------- Yes, you're now dead, proceed to the exit on your right with the glowing sign, go through the door and see God.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!

frequency.

electric

their

all

It is a shame, I agree. No matter, DarkMatter has very little gray matter...and that is obvious in his lack of language skills; he also uses a forged header (there is no such domain as thebarattheendof theuniverse.org)

Baphomet

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:30:57 GMT, Charles Jean Gave us:

No! First, you pull the plug from the wall part way and jam your tongue into the exposed blades!

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:34:50 +0100, dave Gave us:

It would depend on when the thing was removed from power. It could very well have a charge on it. Also, HV caps BUILD charge all by themselves without a bleeder of some sort.

In any case, the point is that DC can kill just as easily as AC, and ANY remark that makes one sound OK or "safe" is just plain stupid.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:38:51 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

"It" referred to the quoted text above it. It is pretty simple to grasp for most.

No. I should have written whatever I felt I wanted to write, and I did.

"cha"? Does that mean that you are CHAD from a voting ballot?

Reply to
DarkMatter