DLP Projection TV, shearing effects?

I would like to buy a large (50") DLP Projection TV to be driven via the DVI input by a PC. Does anyone know if the 'wait on vsync' option used by OpenGL and DirectX APIs would have any affect on the TV, which would be running in 720p mode (it's native resolution). IE, can I expect to see shearing affects or not? I have noticed that it doesn't have any affect on a low-end projector I tried ( shearing is common )

THanks

Reply to
Chris G

This is a very interesting problem. At the screen size you are indicating, you would have to test the set to know for sure. I have not seen much on any specs for shearing.

TV sets are not really optimized for working like computer monitors. There are compromises in their design to work as a computer monitor.

I would find a way to arrange to test the set for your application before buying it. If you have a laptop with a compatable output to drive the TV set, take it to the dealer to do the test.

Jerry G. ========

Reply to
Jerry Greenberg