Counterfeit 2N3055?

I need to buy some '3055's. Is there much risk of getting a counterfeit? I read that because these are so cheap, they are being substituted (and relabeled) for more expensive transistors. But there's not much profit in counterfeiting 3055's.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net

I just wonder, why would anyone spec a 2N3055 these days anyway?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I haven't looked at the price recently but for a 115W TO-3 npn general purpose power transistor it may actually be very cost effective.

Beware of the difference between the 2N3055 and 2N3055H.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Just max voltage, I think...? 60v vs. 100v