controller ideas

Can anyone offer a suggestion for the following:

I am looking for a way to get ~75 digital I/O points on an ethernet controller (75 pts controlled via enet) for a reasonable price (I am doing my own alarm/home control system)

Anything like national instruments fieldpoint, advantech, opto etc is VERY expensive.

Best thing I can think of so far is to use labjacks

with a keyspan
usb-over-ethernet hub.

Other ideas?

thanks much