Constant Speed Motors

I need a 1/4 hp motor that can be controlled at constant speeds of between about 100 rpm and 5000 rpm. A stepper motor, and controller, is probably needed for holding a given set speed within about a 1% variation for periods of weeks to months.

I know nothing about these things; I need suggestions on manufacturers and suppliers. Any help would be appreciated a lot. If you can help, please write to me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.

Much thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I don't know much about motors in general but I'm fairly sure that you won't find a stepper motor whose torque is the equivalent of a 1/4 hp motor. But I don't see why a speed controller with tachometer feedback wouldn't work.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

Sounds reasonable, Norm. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bob

won't

But

Reply to