Conmfile USB to Serial Converter

Hey, I'm doing a project that requires a USB to Serial Converter and the one I have been provided with is made by comfile, i have it all set up but the only problem is that the link been given by lextronic.fr does not work and the user manual given on the comfile site states that i can download the driver from their site but unfortunately this does not seem possible, i have tried e-mailing comfile twice about this problem but have not recieved a reply in over a week, i also tried emailing lextronic.fr but still no reply, could anybody please help me on where i could possibly get this driver, Has anybody any experience with this component, Any help would be greatly appreciated, Regards, Colm

Reply to
cwynnes

The USB to serial adaptor is really a virtual port. It lacks the full compliment of connections. It is really a very basic RX / TX coupling. There are many devices that require the DTS, and or RTS, and or DSR.

I have a TI calculator, and a few other devices. I bought for my laptop a USB to serial adaptor. There devices did not work with it. I found that my serial modem did work with it, if I configured it to work in its most basic connection requirements. I also found that some models of GPS's will work, and a number of them will not.

In the end, I bought a PCMCIA serial adaptor. This gives a real serial port to the laptop. This works with everything, as it should. It was a lot more money than the simple USB to serial port, but it works.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
Jana

Hey Jana,

Thanks for your reply, The project that im doing is for my final year in college so I have no say on what components are used, It seems so far that there is no driver to be found on the net for this instrument, If anyone has anymore good ideas on what I could do it would be greatly appreciated because it seems as if im stuck between a rock and a hard place,

Regards,

Colm

Reply to
cwynnes