color sensor standardization

Dear All,

I have some confusion regarding measurement on color sensing instrument that measure colors of a liquid (Actually it is the one that I have made myself). For example if I measure the color of the liquid in CIE Lab scale on my sensor, is it possible that I will get the same Lab values on any other given color sensor. I understand that retaining same geometry and procedure between two measurement on one particular instrument would yield the same result. But what if I get the Lab values or xyY values from my sensor and want to send them to another location where there is a different color sensor and want to obtain the same color, how do we do that. Is there any standard of colors that is common between all the color sensors which could be used without inter instrument geometry agreement.

Regards Farax

Reply to
Faraz