Clock chime

I have a coiled chime out of an old clock. Using electronics and a solenoid I want to have the chime strike twelve times at midday and six chimes at six p.m. No chimes at any other times. Preferably battery powered. And no clock face. What is your suggestion about how to achieve this function?. Using a PIC would be one way, but I don't have PIC programming ability - not yet. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Reply to
Sammy

Not too hard with discrete logic. Just a few gated oscillators with rather long time periods.

Reply to
CWatters