circuit to keep constant rpm

Hello, I need a circuit to keep the rpm of an ac single phase induction motor to a constant value everytime it runs. I have little knowledge in electrical engineering and I require this for my project. When I browse the net I get either microcontroller controlled / pc controlled motor circuits and many are costly to build. Thanks in advance. Krishna.

Reply to
kkrish

Since its an induction motor, I would consider the supply/speed relationship !! first.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

If the app is critical, You should look for a new motor that has a self contained motor speed controller in it. single phase motors are not easy to control the speed on if it's a brush less type. If it is a brush type (universal), you can then get a simple controller of it.., You would need a feed back device so that constant RPM metering could be done.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

Let me tell you a secret, thats because it is difficult to make, and the components are expensive, and the number of buyers small.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

No small task, and you don't give much info on the requirements of the application. Easy way would be replace the motor with something easy to control - failing that, get a variable speed AC drive and provide tachometer feedback for the (commercially purchased) drive.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
default