CATV RF Notch Filter

Hi,

I am looking for a source where I can buy an RF notch filter for CATV.

One source I found via Google is tinlee.com

I sent an email to snipped-for-privacy@tinlee.com. Later that same day, I received a reply!!!

In the reply I was asked for more details regarding what I want (specs) in the filter. I told Sneva the frequency (276Mhz), etc. I have not received another reply. I sent another email to Sneva, but still no reply.

I asked Sneva if he (assumed) can't make the filter, please let me know so I can look for another source. Still no reply.

Can someone recommend another CATV RF notch filter source?

Thank You in advance, John N3AOF

Reply to
jaugustine

Hi, UPDATE:

I finally received a quote, $185.00 plus $20.00 shipping. Since this filter has to be custom made, the price is high.

John

Reply to
jaugustine

Hello, and I have to ask - What do want to do with it? These filters were used back in the 80s on analog CATV systems at the subscriber's location to allow for authorized reception of premium channels such as HBO and Cinemax. If you tried to view these channels without the filter all you got was garbage on the screen and most often no discernible audio.

For their intended purpose the notch filters would be useless on today's digitally encrypted systems. Most of the filters I've seen were mounted in a metal cylinder with type F connectors on either end. They were inserted between the incoming CATV RF cable and the set-top box. They could also be installed within a distribution box in apartment complexes. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to

Hi, FINAL UPDATE:

I received the filter from Tin Lee Electronics. This filter removed the streaming promos that ANNOY me. The results, with the promos "removed", when I go to "On Demand" (a small delay occurs), now I see whatever channel I was viewing, instead of promos. This can be handy when commercials come on, and I can check what is "on demand" during commercials of a program I am watching.

With my signal generator, I corrupted the streaming video to the degree it could not be decoded. The filter removed the signal.

John

Reply to
jaugustine