Can a stereo mic be used on a laptop w/ only line-in?

Hey all,

I have a PowerBook G4 which only has a line-in (through a USB port, iMic). And I have this great strereo Mic which I'd like to make use of even though I think I won't get stereo. But it's got two cables rather than one.

Anyway I can use this, adapters, anything? I tried it w/ just a left plugged in, but got nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

Reply to
Willian Irving Zumwalt

To connect a microphone to line input you need a microphone preamplifier to amplify the signal form microphone (just millivolts usually) to level that line in can take nicely (100 mV to 1V).

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/