Cable needed: 4 twisted pairs, individually shielded with overall shield

Hi,

I have an application needing a cable with the following rough requirements:

-4 twisted pairs, individually shielded (braided). Ideally standed 28AWG, but we could do down to 26 or even 24AWG. Solid conductors could also be acceptable. A foil shield could do as well.

-outer shield, ideally braided, but foil could be ok.

-outside diameter (O.D.) of the cable 5mm maximum

-cable must be somewhat flexible

The troublesome requirement here is the O.D. of

Reply to
Mike Hubert

I believe you can get Cat 5 cable shielded, has 4 Pair! Try the big guys, Beldin, Black Box, etc....

Reply to
scada

whats this guy doing, advertising his company on a german language news group? Lives (according to his website) in montreal and can't find cables?

Reply to
Rein Wiehler

Never seen a canned sig before? :-)

Crossposting is a new concept to you? :-0

So you have a source of such cable in your neighborhood? Please share you secret with the rest of us.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Maybe not to him, buy obviously to you because you don't know that you should take care about the contents of every group and set a F'up2. This includes the use of the correct language.

Regards, Lars

Reply to
Lars Mueller

Since you crossposted your English language response to the sci.electronics.de group, apparently you either think it is OK or else you violated you own rule? (Following up to s.e.m only as per your tag.)

My point wasn't that the OP was right (or wrong), but that it appeared to be originated from an English newsgroup(s)

We see occasional German, Spanish, French, etc. postings in English newsgroups. No big deal. If you read the language, fine. If not, ignore it. Not worth making a high-court case of it.

Inclusion of one's employers URL in your signature file doesn't constitute "advertising" to most people who have been around Usenet for longer than a few months.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Many of the "English" groups aren`t really "English, but international

- most of the discussion is in English but that`s all (unless of course the charter for the ng specifies a language - not common).

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

"The length of this conversation has exceeded my interest in it." -- Casey McCall in "Sports Night"

Reply to
Richard Crowley

There is shielded CAT5 cable available.

The problem with those is that the pairs are not individually shielded on this kind of cable. Shielded CAT5 cable has a commin braid over all of the pairs.

Some CAT7 cables should be what you are looking for. For example cable at

seems promising.

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
 Click to see the full signature