Bye-bye $$$

We have five "old" (1996) compaq proliant 4500 servers sitting by the door at work, waiting to be taken to the boneyard. Just for the halibut, I looked up the property tag on our database, and it showed the original cost was almost 23,000 dollars apiece. Wow, almost a hundred thou going to the scrapyard! And only 6 years old.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

Proliant 4500's? Geez Loo-eeez, what a waste! They make great web, mail, and other such servers. NetBSD runs great on 'em!

Don't just let 'em sit there.... Tell us where you are! Someone (myself included) would probably be happy to 'rescue' them.

Oh, FYI -- you cross-posted your original message to an alt.binaries group. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dr. Anton Squeegee

What kinda spec were they?

Reply to
Rob

I'm in Whittier, and I have a truck. :-)

Cheers! Rich

"Dr. Ant>

Reply to
Rich Grise

Whittier, what state? I checked and I see CA, NC, NH, AK, FL, and IA. Too bad it's not near MI or I would have been interested.

Reply to
Impmon