Buy Transistor - Dilemma

I want to purchase 100 each of the BD435 and BD436. I went to Digi-Key, and they don't have them; I searched for them and browsed the catalog, no luck. So I went to Mouser, and they have them, but minimum purchase is 2000. I searched several other places on the web (Futurlec, BDent, MCM ..) without success. I've attempted to buy Philips parts, but I got the runaround. I talked to or emailed a Philips distributor and they sent me to a local rep. I talked to the rep, and they sent me back to the distributor. It's is blatantly obvious that they don't want to deal with small fish, just the bigger purchasers.

So I face a dilemma. How to get a few hundred transistors without buying a few thousand, or something like that. Maybe it's my inexperience with dealing with this sort of thing. In any case, I'm open to ideas. Thanks.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

Why not just buy NTE 184 and NTE 185.

kip

Reply to
john

Arrow Electronics

can get both. Lead time is 8 weeks however. Call 1-877-237-8621 for quote.

Reply to
Baphomet

For a hundred of each? That's almost $500 for the NTEs, compared to maybe $70 or $80!!!

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:
F o d d e r

f o r

s t u p i d

n o t

e n o u g h

i n c l u d e d

t e x t

m s g

Reply to
Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

Hey ! You are the one who has trouble finding them ,it was just a suggestion if all else failed. I am sure if you do some Web Searching YOU will find suppliers for the quantity you need.

kip

Reply to
john

Thanks for the info. I hope it gets further than in the past with other distribs.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@

Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

Sounds to me like you need to select a different component. Anything this hard to find is going to be a sourcing problem down the road too; for whatever reason, what they're telling you is that this is not a normally stocked item. Is there really nothing else that will do what you need? Perhaps in the 2N lines?

Reply to
Walter Harley

I would recommend contacting Mr Hicham Dalbani at

I dealt with him for years, and he's a great guy.

Hobbit

Reply to
Graham Nichols

Supplier: STMicroelectronics

Category: Transistors

Mouser Part#:

511-BD435

Mfgr. Part#: BD435

qty price

1 1.04 100 0.81 500 0.75 1000 0.73 2000 0.673

I don't see any minmum of 2000. mgg

Reply to
Michael Gardner

"Watson A.Name \"Watt Sun - the Dark Remover\"" schrieb:

BD 435 EUR 0.26 ea. BD 436 EUR 0.23 ea.

Minimum purchase: EUR 50.-

IMHO they're shipping worldwide.

HTH,

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Well, I chose them because I thought they were a common, easy to get part. They are inexpensive too, maybe 35 to 40 cents in 100 qty.

The TO-126 case is a conveniently small size. The TO-220 case is larger, but might fit in some places without a heatsink.

I've seen parts electrically similar to this but they're not thru hole parts.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@

Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

I went to that website, and it took me to Nikko Electronics in the UK. Is this the same company? Thank you.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:
F o d d e r

f o r

s t u p i d

n o t

e n o u g h

i n c l u d e d

t e x t

m s g

Reply to
Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

Yes .

kip

john

Shop around. Ask Mouser if they made a mistake. I think at Mouser they are about $1 each which means a minimum order value of $2000! Rather a lot for a distrubutor.

RS Components in the UK have the BD435 at 0.27p each at (100+). That's about

40 cent each. The BD436 is even cheaper at 18p but I don't think RS will ship to the USA. Nice to find something cheaper over here for a change!

Reply to
CWatters

In article , reinhard snipped-for-privacy@web.de mentioned...

Thanks, I'll email them when I find out what another European vendor has to say about shipping, taxes, etc.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@pandora.be mentioned...

Thank you for the info. Do U.K. vendors charge us VAT when it's shipped to the U.S.?

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

No.

-- Graham W

XP1800+ Page added, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

I go to Butcher A, his sign says "beef 49 cents/lb", but he doesn't have any. So I go to Butcher B, he sells beef for 89 cents/lb, so I ask "why don't you meet Butcher A's price?". He comes back with "Butcher A doesn't have any beef. If I didn't have any beef, my price would be 39 cents/lb"!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

In article , snipped-for-privacy@trailing-edge.com mentioned...

I tanked up this morning, and gasoline is getting back down to below a buck sixty a gallon. It was up to over two earlier this year, when a refinery became inoperative or whatever their excuse was. Looks like there are some lessons in supply and demand in our stories.

Hey, I bought several NTE11s at Fry's a year or so ago when I started experimenting with the V boost circuits - at about the same price each as that gallon of gas above. Then I ordered a hundred 2SD965s for 27 cents apiece, so I got essentially the same transistor for 1/5 or 1/6 the price.

Those NTEs are always available at the local electronics store. For a price that I'm trying to avoid.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

They shouldn't do (according to tax rules) and the big suppliers will be ok. Some small places "forget" so to check.

Reply to
CWatters