Brainwave Retarder Relaxes Insominacs

Well, suppose I should have made that a little more clear... one word ought to suffice, "Shrapnel..."

Reply to
Mark Jones

Silly wabbit! Tricks are for kids!

Reply to
Mark Jones

Are we not all going off subject here? The original poster is stating that this is something that is newly developed from 1930's Russian work which would explain the fact that the schematics to the device would use vacuum tubes but why would an "newly-formed" company still use tubes in this day & age?

Don't misunderstand me, I know the vacuum tube is still very much alive & well in almost everybody's modern home today but for this application there must be much safer ways to duplicate such a device. For anybody that thinks the vacuum tube is dead just think about what still creates the picture on most of out TVs & PC monitors? A picture "tube"!

What warms up our leftovers in our microwave ovens? A magnetron "tube"!

What generates the RF in the final stage amplifier of nearly all high power radio & TV broadcast stations"? A huge water cooled "tube"!

The list goes on but I think this illustrates my point. Tubes certainly do have their place but nearly all low power functions can be done better & safer with solid-state components so why use tubes for this function other than to recreate the original model for electronic "baseline analysis"?

Why offer a potentially dangerous & old device when 1 should be able to simply build & offer a solid-state version with minimum effort?

Electromagnetics is nothing new in the medical field. NMRIs for example & there have even been devices built & used to put animals to sleep for surgery without drugs, their risks & side effects by placing their heads under a very large electromagnetic field coil but I have to wonder why they never approved them for humans. Maybe the medical field did not what something so simple & safe out there that would replace a Doctor, an Anastigiologist.

Just my 2 cents worth, DHB

Reply to
DHB

You didn't read the post correctly. It was from the October 6 issue

1961 of the the magazine 'Electronics'.

perhaps a little cerebral stimulation in order?

Al

DHB wrote:

Reply to
onestone

Like, avoid having an MRI scan..

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

In article , snipped-for-privacy@eartlink.net mentioned...

Didn't you notice that the article is from a 1961 magazine?

[blah snipped]
--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

Sorry, your all correct, I did speed read the post & obviously did not notice the original post date reference. As for the possibility of not requiring an anesthesiologist, if the procedure were proven safe enough perhaps a qualified nurse night suffice.

Just my 2 cents worth which I admit is not worth what it used to be!

DHB

stating

this

Reply to
DHB

MRI is a large static field (0.5 to 1.5 Tesla) with a less intense dynamic field superimposed. The dynamic field, although not that strong, is in the audio frequency range, and causes metal particles to vibrate. The vibration causes these particles to travel within your flesh under the ifluence of the static field. Very dangerous. ...Stepan

Reply to
Stepan Novotill

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com mentioned...

Didn't know that. But I read that Someone got killed when an oxygen tank near the machine wasn't secured.. Floop!

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

ought

This had to have been human error. Aluminum cased oxygen tanks with a special internal lining are supposed to be used in MRI rooms. Even releasing a (canadian) dime, nickel or quarter near the magnet bore containing a patient can be dangerous because of the tremendous acceleration. The newer magnets are all wound in such a way that they are self sheilding so there is not that much magnetic field outside of the bore. The one I worked on 10 years ago was not self shielding. I ruined a few pagers by getting in the vicinity of the magnet. It completely demagnetized the beeper so you could bearly hear it when it beeped. I would walk into the paging company to get it exchanged and they would be baffled. If you took a 1 square foot sheet of aluminum you could stand it up in the boar on an edge, and it would stay at a

45 degree angle, and then slowly lay down over the course of a minute or so. Eddy currents. If you tried to move it fast, it could just bend. I was an MRI repair technician ten years ago.
Reply to
Stepan Novotill

Sounds similar to a NES (NeuroElectric Stimulator) or NeuroPhone.

But the majority of induhviduals I meet in day-to-day life actually need the opposite of a brain retarder, if you know what I mean. ;-}

I'd like to try some Neurophone experiments, and stuff like Kirlian photography of amputees' phantom limbs and stuff.

Cheers! Rich

Wats> Another Weird Science factoid.

--
To send an email that will actually get read, elide 'ard'.
Reply to

Sounds similar to a NES (NeuroElectric Stimulator) or NeuroPhone.

But the majority of induhviduals I meet in day-to-day life actually need the opposite of a brain retarder, if you know what I mean. ;-}

I'd like to try some Neurophone experiments, and stuff like Kirlian photography of amputees' phantom limbs and stuff.

Cheers! Rich

Wats> Another Weird Science factoid.

--
To send an email that will actually get read, elide 'ard'.
Reply to
Rich Grise

Yes, there is. All the rest of them _wanted_ to be there, killing and pillaging. During 'Nam, folks had the benefit of the Age of Aquarius, and wanted to stop the endless cycle of plunder, murder, rape, and revenge.

But, like most Peace Lovers, they were crushed by The Machine.

Good Luck! Rich

Wats> In article , "Mark Jones"