blocking RFIID chip response

Hi, is it possible to block or jam the response from an RFID chip when it is queried by an RFID reader? would wrapping the RFID containing product or smart card in aluminum foil be effecive? thanks in advance for your response.

Reply to
fredfarkle

Probably make it respond better ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I recommend castration... stop the scum from reproducing ;-)

...Jim Thompson

is

response.

I don't know about temporarily blocking it, but if you want to totally disable it without any physical indication, stick it in the microwave for ~15 seconds (or possibly less).

Reply to
Steve Lefevre

Most things that you would be inclined to steal don't use RFID tags for protection.

RFID tags are used mostly for inventory and shipping control.

...Jim Thompson

After you get your item home, go over every square inch with an Oudin coil. This will destroy any chips imbedded in your clothing. If you don't want to do that, maybe put it into your microwave for 3 secs or so.

Al

PS: Don't do this on your electronic purchases ;-)

--
There's never enough time to do it right the first time.......
Reply to

it is

or

response.

What is an Oudin coil?

Reply to
R.Lewis

when

so.

I wondered that so I went to

and found out :)

It's like a tesla coil (don't know who he was) but different.

Reply to
Mjolinor

Well, Oudin you try Google and find out? Only 442 hits, you know.

Cheers!

Chip Shults My robotics, space and CGI web page -

Sir Charles W. Shults III

Jeez, I think back in the 60's every high school in the US had one in the physics department. Ours did. And it was a neat gadget that shot out

1 inch or so flares of electricity. The teacher used it to demonstrate some aspects of electricity. I suppose today we don't have any in the high schools as the little darlings would be sticking it into all of each other orifaces and pulling the trigger ;-)

Al