Big Screen TV Help

Hi,

I have 2 big screens and both are not working at the moment. I have had them for a while in the garage and just decided to crack them open.

1st is a Pioneer Model SD-P403

Power comes on but no picture . Lights in the tubs tend to seem kinda dim. Checked the power board and one of the 4 fuses were blown. Replaced the fuse and turned power on and it made a kinda hi pitched noise and then kicked off and would not come back on unless unplugged and then plugged back in. Still no picture. ??

2nd is a LXI Model 626.54452850

Power comes on but no picture. When you turn the power on you hear the tubes kick in (static crackle sound) Checked the power board and there are no fuses but there is a relay that clicks 1 (assume stopping power to? ) time about 4 seconds after the power is turned on (this is when you hear the tubes go dead (no more static crackle sound) I am guessing that there is too much power causing the relay to cut power to the tubes?

Thank in advance for your time.

Please respond to : Steve Smith Florida (Email address does not have spaces) Pay4Back @ aol.com

Reply to
Steve

You may have a shorted component somewhere in both.

1st unit sounds like it has trouble in the high voltage section.

2nd, well.... hard to tell. That could be a circuit breaker resetting. With schematics, check the HV section, or test the obvious components. Check for resistance across the ground to the outputs of the flyback transformer, could be a bad flyback.

--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada