baby monitor whine

Hi,

Sorry if this is an inappropriate group, but please let me know if there is a better one for my question.

Sometimes my baby monitor receiver emits a whining noise which I have sampled and found to be very sharply peaked somewhere between 4450 and

4500 hz. It usually starts in the afternoon (often but not always around 4pm) and goes on for hours. It doesn't happen everyday (maybe 1 day in 10)

I have tried switching off just about everything in the house and cannot find the cause - it's definitely not the central heating or fishtank lights, which are the only things I have on a timer. It almost never happens in the morning so I can't believe it's the refrigerator or anything that switches on and off during the day.

Moving the monitor and/or receiver around the house seems to affect the loudness of the whine. if they are very close to each other the whine is much queter. I guess this is to be expected whatever the cause.

anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Many thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy Fish

Maybe another monitor in the neighborhood? I use one when my youngest granddaughter visits. You can select one of two channels. Have you tried switching channels?

...Jim Thompson

No prob. Deez eez da playz.

Sounds like someone getting home from work/school...

It doesn't happen every day (maybe 1 day in 10)

...and beginning hobby activities. Are you keeping a log of when it happens? That may help. Find a nosy neighbor who knows everybody's schedule and you might nail it.

Jim's notion of another transmitter in the neighborhood sounds right.

Reply to
JeffM

Yep, listen in, never know what you might hear ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Thanks Jim, I don't know why I didn't think of this.

Unfortunately I don't have a channel switch but I do have a neighbour with a baby - next time the noise starts I'll dash round there.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Fish

Have you seen the movie "signs" with mel gibson? Maybe it aliens :)

Reply to
jtech

I never got in on this thread, but considered suggesting that he feed the baby.

Reply to
Garrett Mace