Amusing Myself !-)

Amusing Myself with how simple certain things can be solved with a circuit !-)

See "WonderWhatThisIsGoodFor.pdf" on the S.E.D/Schematics page of my website.

...Jim Thompson

Looks to me like a complicated field sync generator for a TV. ? regards john

Reply to
John Jardine

[snip]

Look more closely... the Input Signal is at the bottom of the page, the output signal is at the top.

...Jim Thompson

I'm a little confused as to where the output is, but I'd say its either a video scrambler or a descrambler. MUNGED looks like a scrambled signal in that the horizontal sync pulse (front porch, sync tip, back porch, and presumably color burst) are "pushed up" into the video field, but only for the non-vertical sync portion of the field.

TV's cannot distinguish the horitonal sync from the video content, and that results in 'tearing' of the image. However, its important that the field be understood during the VITS interval so that the video decrambler can receive the digital information on which channels to descramble.

The descramblers frequently use the stereo pilot (modified from 19KHz to

15750Hz (or so, I forget)), which is transmitted synchronous with the horizontal sync from the original video feed and use it to "push down" the horitontal sync back into place.

Am I Right? Do I win a prize!!! :~) Dana

Reply to
Dana Raymond

Since you don't tell us what it does it's good for nothing. That makes you a crossposting troll. Congratulations.

Closest I can guess is it provides a trigger pulse for fields 1 or 5 on a PAL/NTSC/SECAM system.

Pray And Learn Never The Same Color (sic) Twice Sometimes Even Colour Appears Momentarily

That's only because someone else designed one and I got to build it back in..... oooh 1982 on a degree placement.. It wasn't a spice model and it worked. It came with another bunch of stuff in CMOS that selected a particular line from a particular field that triggered the thing that recorded it.

Clever bloke, learnt some shit.

DNA

If you read my shit

Genome

Rarely, you're generally so rude I think you must be French ;-)

The circuit extracts sync from a (Jerrold-style) suppressed sync signal. Uses two one-shots and some gating. Once sync is found in the (clean) VBI it know where to look thenceforth by suppressing the garbage in the next ~63.5us, re-syncing the one-shots each line.

...Jim Thompson

you a

Didn't understand that so..... 'it's f*ck all use'.

Excellent. Where can I not buy one? :>)

DNA

Genome

So, I got it right then! WooHoo! Dana

you a

Reply to
Dana Raymond

I heard....

Pale And Lukewarm No Two Similar Colours Sickly European Colour Almost Monochrome

Chris

Reply to
(one of the) Chris Evans

Never Twice the Same Colour System Essentially Contrary to the American Method Perfection At Last

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
GPS and NMEA info and programs: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html

I pulled it as potentially illegal. Don't know why I had the urge to post it in the first place.

...Jim Thompson

In article , Jim-T@golana- will-get-you.com mentioned...

Should be between Water... and WWVB..., but I don't see it.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

Some eastern European is furiously at work making it into a kit for sale by SPAM right now.........

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Could be, but there's several required elements missing from the "conceptual" representation that a non-EE would have real problems with.

...Jim Thompson

Oxymoron

Reply to
Mjolinor