amonnia

Hi all,

If someone knows a better NG then please let me know....... I'm looking to know if you can buy "amonnia-d" in a bottle in the UK ?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
exxos

What's "amonnia-d"?

Do you mean "ammonia". That comes in various concentrations and purities from janitorial supply houses and laboratory suppliers in most countries.

The strongest is "specific gravity 0.880", known colloquially as "eight-eighty", and is quite unpleasant stuff. Avoid skin contact, and don't breathe the vapor. Get it in your eyes, and you'll need surgery, if not a white stick.

The weaker stuff sold for household cleaning is much less harmful, but still pungent and irritating.

I would suggest that, if you can't spell the name, you're not into chemistry, and you need to seek the help/advice of someone who is.

--
Then there's duct tape ...
              (Garrison Keillor)

Well TBH not sure.......

I know its in window cleaner stuff and know its nasty and can dry the skin etc. I'm into electronics not chemistry, Dont ask where these 2 things cross cos its one hec of a long story. Though im guided by someone whos used the stuff so all isn't *too* bad...

Chris

Reply to
exxos

alt.drugs.chemistry sounds about right. I didn't try it myself so good luck.

Reply to
Baphomet

Ammonia-D seems to be the trade-name of miracle ingredient X that makes new improved Windex window cleaner better than it used to be.

As an aside, we use an ammonia/ammonium persulphate mix for stripping copper plate from steel, the ammonia addition inhibits any etching of the steel surface and possibly accelerates copper solution. I've used it for pcbs, you don't lean over the dish - as you say, it certainly clears the nasal passages. ;)

--
Remove the "UGH" from Mexbrough to reply
Reply to

new

copper

you