About Stepper Motor Terminals

Dear sir, I've bought a stepper motor of model MITSUMI M25SP-3NP No.T 39404

86(Ohms). I'm going to use it for my personal Project purpose. But I dont know how the termials works. i.e., what are the five terminal(Red, Black, Yello, Brown and Orange) meant for? Could you please send me details of that as soon as possible for my ID at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
digiajay

Don't ask for email replies. You posted your question here, so come here to look for replies.

A major part of any personal project is accepting personal responsibility for it. You have many avenues for gathering information, such as searching for a data-sheet for you components, and learning how the components YOU selected, function.

Google is your friend:

Go Google for "MITSUMI stepper motor" and see if you can get a start.

A better place to look for help may be sci.electronics.basics after you have done your personal study.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

You can work it out using an ohm meter.

There will be four windings inside the motor, and one end of all four windings will be connected to one of the wires, the "common terminal". The other end of each winding will have its own individual wire. The "common terminal" will have a resistance to the other four wires that is about half the resistance between any other pair of wires.

supply wire

------------------------* wires to transistors etc

Chris

Reply to