AA/AAA quality programmable charger - recommendations?

Hi, guys.

I've had a quick search through the newsgroup archives, but not found many recommendations for a quality charger for AAs and AAAs. I'm after a charger which allows cell-matching and refreshing tired batteries, as well as slow-charging, as I'm looking to keep my bateries in good condition rather than fast-charging them to death.

From a quick web search, the Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne looks interesting, but are there any other options I should consider? I seem to remember reading a good review of a charger maybe a year ago in one of the UK wireless mags, but I can't for the life of me find it again.

Cheers, Jon.

Reply to
ElectronBoy

I've been quite pleased with my La Crosse BC-900 charger and I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I broke the current one, always a risk given my innate clumsiness and herd of cats here (if (cats > 1) then cats = herd, trust me on this). Any of the quality one-cell-at-a-time chargers are a big step up from the usual pairwise units, of course.

Amazon has some good comparative reviews of the BC-900 and the MH-C9000.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

this one is very good:

l_10/detail2_17317

regards,

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I went for the Maha Powerex 9000, and though I've only had it a few days, so far I'm very happy with it. It's a lot simpler to use than some of the reviews suggested, and the amount of button-pressing isn't excessive at all. On top of that, it's nice to have such a comprehensive charger.

Cheers, Jon.

Reply to
ElectronBoy