Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Any general sites for user manual type info ?
eg like the useful Television and Video recorder viewer adjustments was on -- Diverse Devices, Southampton, England electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list on
3
3

LCD problem with ATmega16 and CVAVR
Well, I'm attempting to use an LCD-module with ATmega16 -controller. I met a confusing problem. I'm programming with CodeVisionAVR, which has a library of lcd functions. When I wrote into main...
4
4

Wireless Microphone
Well!, I don't know if i can an answer for my question here anyway I have a wireless microphone which i want to use to send digital data -not digital audio-, i know that i have first to use DAC then...
1
1

TEAC GF-350
TEAC have a new 'gizmo', the GF-350 which has a record player and CDRW burner. Oddly, it needs 'Audio CDs' to work, and won't work with computer CDs. What is the difference?
5
5

permeability
I bought some N41 ferrite material surplus pot cores from BGMicro. References I dug up on the net give N41 initial permeability of 2800 to 3000. looking at this: the section "ferromagnetic materials"...
9
9

Wanted: Recommended Reading
When it comes to fixing broken mechanisms, I tend to think I am smarter than the average bear. Well, let's suffice it to say that when I'm out of town there is still a village idiot or two left to...
5
5

picasa-the best photo software,firefox-the best web browser
picasa-the best photo software Use Google's photo organizer to find, edit and share the pictures on your computer A free software download. Picasa is Google's photo organizer software. Get started by...
8
8

Dumb newbie has a ?
I am wanting to build a 10 MHz signal source to be used in troubleshooting a preselector/RF amplifier I built to assist my shortwave radio in picking up weak stations, and am wondering how feasable my...
1
1

connecting a ccd camera to a TFT LCD?
Hi, I bought 2 ccd cameras (PAL/NTSC) one color, and one b/w, and I bought a 1.8 LCD from a different place. But they didn't come with data sheets, and there's no markings to find out the mfg. They...
2
2

FREE: a box of EEM 2004 electronics source books (4) in the Seattle area
They're in Mill Creek, in the Greater Seattle area, just south of Everett. Come and get them, they're free if you pick them up. Shipping may be arranged f you really-really want them. Reply to:...

Fluorescent lights stop microwave beam
If you go to Tusla's death ray I explain how a beam of what I think is a microwave beam that has been going over me at night and making me sick to my stomach and leaving a metallic taste in my mouth...
16
16

phone charger - curious.
Hi all, By no means am I an electronic guru but I was wondering about something I've noticed. When I charge my phone at home on the mains charger, it doesnt take nearly as long as it does to charge in...
4
4

GMR sensors and inductors used to detect metal / magnetic fields
Hello everyone, I have a question about metal detection and magnetic fields and such. I know that inductors and GMR sensors can both be used to detect magnetic fields and/or metal objects, but I was...
1
1

life span durable ground based 'satellite' device.
I'm developing an electronic device in order to collect and store a wide range of sensory (imagery, sound) data of an outdoor environment This device will be installed in a remote area, high on a...
1
1

Differential amplifier with DC offset
Hi, I made a differential amplifier using JFETs. The output of this amplifier sits at 5 volt DC offset. Now before i feed it to another stage, i want to get rid of the DC component. I want to avoid...
5
5