Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

http://www.gadioc.com
All kinds of gadgets and there detail reviews.

should we REALLY turn pc's off at night? I don't think so.
Hi there, As IT manager for an SME, I get asked a lot if users are allowed to turn their PC's off at night, to save electricity, from an environmental point of view. What troubles me, (aside from the...
64
64

Adapter from 6-pin video to RCA composite video
I have a problem with 6-pin video cable used on Leadtek Winfast 2000XP TV card. So, if any of you with experience in this field can help ,e. I will be glad and more than happy. This Leadtek Winfast TV...

On hold telephone message circuit
Is there a way to play a wav file over an open telephone line? Can the earphone output of a sound card be used? Would it need to be amplified or attenuated? Capacitance coupled?
2
2

Resistor and triac failure - how to read
My wife brought home a flat iron, used for straightening hair, from a woman she works with. It would turn on, but not get hot. I opened it up and discovered that a resistor (one lead blown off the...
6
6

Newbie - Basic battery charging question
Hi All, I use a lead acid battery to power my bicycle lights. It is 6v & needs replacing (it is only working for 45 mins now instead of hours). I have been pondering using a 6v Dynamo to put charge...
6
6

How to add a I/O to a laptop
Hi, I need to add a simple input to a laptop computer for a switch. However this laptop has no parallel nor serial port. It doesnt even have an external keyboard input. I cant spend time designing...
6
6

Voice Announcement System
Can anyone sugesst a available working or Developed system for voice Announcement with a duration of more than 20 to 30 minutes using Microcontrollers. I welcome circuits and software/ideas to drive...
1
1

Anyone know how to use BASIC stamp program, BOE or eb500?
Hi, I am currently doing a school project which involve the use of an eb500, sound module and BASIC stamp II attached to a BOE. We are using it to communicate with the handphone. Initially,the phone...

regarding the segway
hi iam looking for some details on segway and its basic diagram. actually i need to design a segway like device with something innovative in it.i have opted to choose a wireless technology for voice...
2
2

TV sniffer?
I live in a block of flats which has a communal TV antenna and others are banned. That antenna is pointed at a local repeater. We have been told that reception of the main transmitter is not possible...
2
2

Siemens type ACB
I wnat to know how ACB works.

Mobile Phone Chargers - Expensive to Run ?
Southern Electric (UK Energy supplier) have sent me a leaflet urging me to use less of their product (electricity). In it they state: "Unplug your mobile phone charger - these little black boxes suck...
9
9

Flexible PCBs at home?
Flexible PCBs are neat. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to make them with the usual hobbyist techniques. Has anyone tried this? The main problem I foresee is that the flexible material is not...

? RE LCR meter reading
Just got an LCR meter for Christmas, and in testing it out find that it's readings vary rather wildly before settling down to the expected value when hooked up to a toroidal coil I wound and turned...
4
4