Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Degauss TV screen
A magnet was swiped across my TV screen, leaving a purplish swath. Is there a way to fix this problem?
14
14

1.3mm x 3.5mm x 11.5mm dc connector
Hi, Having trouble finding a 1.3mm x 3.5mm x 11.5mm dc power connector that I can solder a cable on to. I can find the 9mm long version no problem, but not the 11.5. I think it's more common overseas....
3
3

LCD vs Plasma TV--Which Way to Go?
I understand that LCD TVs are starting to get the upperhand over plasma. They are able to be produced with fewer defects, and will more readily work with 3D images (gaming, I suppose), as two pluses....
19
19

Stepping Motors, Hobby Motors for Sale
I have numerous motors and stepping motors for sale. These are pulls from working CD Roms, scanners, laser printers, toys, printers, lathes and tape drives. All are guaranteed not to be DOA. My prices...

Pioneer RS-TR333 CASSETTE DECK-ADJUSTABLE BIAS-30DAY WARRANTY-$25

A problem with my Samsung video
Hi I have a Samsung VR8800C video tape recorder. Since few day the image of from video cassette recorded or only plaback in that Samsug are in black and white (clean but there's no color at all). I...
2
2

There's a new TOM SWIFT group, and you're invited!
There's a new TOM SWIFT group, and you're invited! Remember this thought provoking youth science and technology fiction series? Here is the place to meet others that were fans also. The address: We...

Gripe
Why don't they make the pins/leads on IC sockets just a little longer? They barely reach through to the other side of the standard PC pboard. And they don't like solder, to boot. Bitch bitch bitch....
11
11

NEW free project -Electronics KEY-

Rechargeable cells - fundamentals please
In brief, what does recharging do to a cell? Does it dissapate the hydrogen equivilent that is proeduced in lead acid cells/batteries? Lithium rechargeable Verses NiMH rechargeable!? I need cells that...
1
1

An unusual TV component
Hello, all. I have an unusual question for you, perhaps you can help me. It's about a very clear and, to me, very puzzling childhood memory, related to a television set. When I was a child, my parents...
14
14

Embedded Development Tools
Hello, Here is our web site for your reference and I am very happy to assist you on your project. Please feel free to contact me for your any question about our products as well as service. Best...

3 phase question
I have a mobile generating situation where I need to check motor rotation from a 3 phase source without a motor present. The real problem is that it is 120 cycle instead of 60 cycle. I tried one of...
1
1

recharger power consumption
We have several rechargers (for mobile phones and torches) which are permanently plugged in and switched on, and the phones/torches are attached whenever they need recharging. I'd assumed that the...
4
4

Fluke 189 (also 187) Undocumented Protocol
Two of Fluke's models of multimeters, the 187 and 189, include serial communications to transmit data to a computer. Partial information about the protocol used can be found here, among other places:...
1
1