Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A problem with my Samsung video
Hi I have a Samsung VR8800C video tape recorder. Since few day the image of from video cassette recorded or only plaback in that Samsug are in black and white (clean but there's no color at all). I...
2
2

There's a new TOM SWIFT group, and you're invited!
There's a new TOM SWIFT group, and you're invited! Remember this thought provoking youth science and technology fiction series? Here is the place to meet others that were fans also. The address: We...

Gripe
Why don't they make the pins/leads on IC sockets just a little longer? They barely reach through to the other side of the standard PC pboard. And they don't like solder, to boot. Bitch bitch bitch....
11
11

NEW free project -Electronics KEY-
-- *** YOUR ELECTRONICS OPEN SOURCE *** Projects: [IperKEY-ResKEY] Chiave elettronica a microcontrollore //TAGS:Pic, Eeprom, Comparatori, Convertitori rampa, I2C [IperCODE] Ricezione, visualizzazione...

Rechargeable cells - fundamentals please
In brief, what does recharging do to a cell? Does it dissapate the hydrogen equivilent that is proeduced in lead acid cells/batteries? Lithium rechargeable Verses NiMH rechargeable!? I need cells that...
1
1

An unusual TV component
Hello, all. I have an unusual question for you, perhaps you can help me. It's about a very clear and, to me, very puzzling childhood memory, related to a television set. When I was a child, my parents...
14
14

Embedded Development Tools
Hello, Here is our web site for your reference and I am very happy to assist you on your project. Please feel free to contact me for your any question about our products as well as service. Best...

3 phase question
I have a mobile generating situation where I need to check motor rotation from a 3 phase source without a motor present. The real problem is that it is 120 cycle instead of 60 cycle. I tried one of...
1
1

recharger power consumption
We have several rechargers (for mobile phones and torches) which are permanently plugged in and switched on, and the phones/torches are attached whenever they need recharging. I'd assumed that the...
4
4

Fluke 189 (also 187) Undocumented Protocol
Two of Fluke's models of multimeters, the 187 and 189, include serial communications to transmit data to a computer. Partial information about the protocol used can be found here, among other places:...
1
1

RFID reader for my cat's chip?
Is there an RFID reader on the market that could read my cat's implanted chip from a few feet away? I want to plug it into a microcontroller that dispenses cat food whenever the cat comes near. Thank...
4
4

Charging contacts on telephone
One of my relatives claims that returning a cordless phone (not cell phone) to the charging cradle after each use will wear down the charging contacts. Is this true? I can't find anything about this...
5
5

Driving servos from a PC
As part of a construction project for a charitable event, I need to build a number of big analogue dials (like an old-fashioned voltmeter) controlled by a series of PCs (each computer drives two...
12
12

modulated dimmer "switch"
Do they make cheap signal modulated (verses turn with a wheel) dimmer switches. I want to control some display lights, 5 channels, about 300W per channel. Modulate with analog io board. (not an exotic...
5
5

A/D & Digital Data-Aquisition card for PDAs - CF or SD card format ???
Anyone seen an A/D & Digital input board that will fit into a PDAs compact-flash or secure-digital card slot ? Only needs a few channels for my needs - read a couple of pots, a couple of switches....
1
1