Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Battery Desulfators - Do they Really Work
Battery Desulfators - Do they Really Work I would like to have expert and experienced advice on the Pulse technology Lead-Acid Battery Desulfators - whether they really work ? What is the effect -...

Wine Cellar Controls: Simple analog control for Temperature and Humidity
While not the most electronically-inclined individual, I am a computer scientist--but have little grasp on the hardware (especially analog) side of these things. I have the need to construct a control...
5
5

Inductive Heating
Hello, I need some help in a patent issue. I'm in search of information about inductive heating of a tool holder. For detailed information : There is a big reward!
3
3

Hot water heater on 208 vac?
I've got a 240 v. electric water heater and a need for a 208 v (single-phase) one. What's the down-side of using this heater on 208 vac? Is lower temperature all I have to be concerned about? FBt
21
21

current limiter / voltage regulator question
Hello I need to deliver a variable current between 0-2 Amps to a small load (15 Ohms).... At first I was thinking about building a current amplifier..... but after investigating that route again, i...
6
6

Ethernet, Video and 12v AC in Same Pipe
I'm planning on running the three sets of wire in the Subject 60' underground 18' deep in a 1 1/2" grey electrical pipe. The video is for a video camera. Should I be concerned about interference. If...
6
6

didn't know where to take this question
Don't know where to go for this info, so came here: Can I direct substitute a 1156R LED with a filament type 1156 bulb? Some sources speak to a resistor between the bulb socket and the LED. But, I'm...

motor starting relay
I have a 230 volt, single phase, 5 hp motor on an air compressor. Not long ago the capacitor starting switches failed, and I was unable to find new ones. I did however find a couple of used ones to...
39
39

Help sizing buck/boost transformer?
Load is 130A FLA at 220V = 28.6KVA. Supply is 3-phase, "Y", 208V. Using a 120-240/12-24 buck-boost transformer, what KVA should I look for? One source says that this transformer increases voltage by...
2
2

Connecting a TV and a monitor to a computer simultaneously
Hello! What a 26-27" panel TV inputs from a computer DVI output without distortion (with a computer resolution equal to the TV matrix resolution)? Or, What modern video card has two d-subs? I can find...
4
4

Components stores in Amsterdam?
Could anyone recommend some good electronic components stores in Amsterdam, Netherlands? My brother works there and is coming back to Italy next month so I'd ask him to buy me some components that are...
1
1

Need info for CCD 100-10a radiation Survey meter
I'm hoping someone out there will have the manual and or the schematics for a Canadian Admiral ccd 100-10a radiation survey meter. After extensive googling and other searches, I have exhausted my...
7
7

A/D power formula
Anyone out there know how to convert a bunch of analog voltage samples into a power reading? Do you just square the samples and average them? Thank you.
2
2

Digital ballast for high pressure sodium lamp. Schematics?
Hi! Those ballasts are available for around $150 in aquaristic shops, and are told to have much better efficiency, prolong the life of the bulb etc. I was unable to find any schematics, or even ICs of...
2
2

A0540 datasheet
Hallo, is there anyone who can help me finding the SIEMENS (???) A0540 datasheet? Thak You, Bye