7406 "open collector" output characteristics

Here is a question for some old-timers:

I need to parallel several 7406 outputs in order to sink more current. But each time I add one more, I also add its capacitance.

So I need to know: what is the "output capacitance" of each 7406 open collector output transistor when in the "high" state?

Thanks for any serious responses...

Henry

Reply to
Henry

John Bordynuik selects "I need to parallel several 7406 outputs in order to sink more current."

Why not use a transistor to sink the current? How much current do you need to sink?

If you are referring to an old TTL part then the capacitance is very low. You could determine it from propogation delay tests or rise time from a high value resistive load. In any event it would probably be very low and could vary from component to component a bit... I doubt you will find this information in a datasheet.

Regards,

John Bordynuik

Reply to
John Bordynuik

In message , Henry writes

Why not use a proper low side driver or SMT fets?

--
Neil J. Harris
Reply to