Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

tapping enamel wire
I spent some time today reading the first installment of The Impoverished Radio Experimenter. The author describes how to wind #24 enamel wire around a Quaker Corn Meal box. He mentions "tapping" the...
8
8

slow dimmer
Looking for a nifty circuit to ramp up and down the brightness of an LED over a period of say 30 mins to an hour. The dimming bit is trivial with a 555 or similar but has anyone got a neat way to do...
3
3

Re: ANTIQUE SIMPSON / MINNEAPOLIS-HONEYWELL MILLIVOLTMETER, MODEL W129A2X1
I found additional information on the meter itself. Patent Numbers: 2,051,399 & 2,433,165, Simpson Electric Co. Chicago, IL USA Model 127 Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
1
1

design serices
Offer services as below: Industrial design, Product design, Engineering design, Graphic design, Website design, PCB design, Molding, Prototyping, Contract manufacturing, Assembly, OEM, ODM,

Driving an IBM POS 2X20 Pole Display
I have a few IBM POS pole displays. They are 2x20 and are fluorescent and the part number is 61P5766. They have a four pin jack that is labeled 4 which I assume means it plugs into port 4 on the pos...
2
2

Having problem with onkyo 875 receiver
Powers up just fine but,no audio . I play my blu-ray through it and have a beautful picture but no sound. No sound with FM/AM or anything else. Help!

Use of electron tubes today
Hi to all, I was wondering how important tube electronics are today in military equipment. In the 80's I often heard that many electronics still were built of them because they are far more tolerant...
3
3

Issues with a stepper motor
Hello folks, I am facing some issues regarding a stepper motor drive. The stepper motor I have is a 20KG 12V DC L/R Full step driven one. I need it to drive a Lead screw which eventually builds up...
1
1

HAWK
Need service manual for Rural Radio Telephone Link ,,,, Type H A W K - Exicom International . 9A7KSJ

HAKKO SOLDERING STATION WANTED
Title says all

www.ibuysmart.co.uk - just lowered our prices for 2008 !
New prices for 2008 !! - even better and competitive. At we have a fantastic range of products for all those wanting a One Stop Shopping experience. Some of our Star Sellers for Jan 2008 have been...

dead oscilloscope
Went to power up the scope this morning and only the led power light came on. The screen was dead the scope is only 6months old any idear what could be causing the problem. Regards Geoff The scope is...
1
1

CFP: DTVCS 2008 - Design, Testing and Formal Verification Techniques for Integrated Circuits and Systems
Apologies for any multiple copies received. We would appreciate it if you could distribute the following call for papers to any relevant mailing lists you know of. CALL FOR PAPERS...

FS: GPIB (HPIB) IEEE 488.2 PCI-controller NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS NI. $199 COST FAR BELOW ORIGINAL
FS: GPIB (HPIB) PCI controller IEEE 488.2 NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS NI. $199 COST FAR BELOW ORIGINAL Email to if using "email reply" in Newsgroups edit address manually to delete two strings: "SPAMNOMORE"...

BASIC Stamp 2 clones / inexpensive alternatives? (pref. same features, works with BOE)
I picked up Parallax's BASIC Stamp Discovery Kit to learn with, and so far so good. The documentation is good and it is simple to program. However Fry's/Digikey/Mouser/etc all charge $48-$59 for the...
11
11