Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CMOS logic
By combining P channel and N channel MOSFET transistor, whole new digital technology, CMOS technology is obtained. Read more:

Fourier Transform and DFT - Discrete Fourier Transform
In engineering practice, analog signal that is transformed with Fourier Transform has to be periodic. If signal is not periodic, but limited to certain time interval, signal can be repeated, so...

WARNING, Defective 2.5" IDE Cables from Atlantic ComputerTech
Hi, I ordered a 2.5" IDE extension cable (male & female connectors) from Atlantic ComputerTech, 95 Horton Ave. Lynbrook, NY 11563 that has a defective female connector. I didn't know it when I...
2
2

Transistor-Transistor TTL Logic and Totem pole output
By combining basic TTL Logic NAND gate with invertors and other gate any logical function can be realized in TTL technology. TTL family of logic circuits is specially empowered with TTL Totem pole...

cable TV converter
Today I received a call that the cable company (Time Warner) is going digital. They have some converter boxes I can get from them. Will the digital off the air converters work that came out several...
6
6

OT: Vintage engraved pushbuttons
usually bakelite, "Start" or "Stop" engraved with paint filled in the engraving of the letters. what's the technique for renewing the painted-in lettering? thanks.
5
5

Bipolar transistor simplest models
Even though mechanisms that makes bipolar transistor run are quite complica ted and there are many side effect to be covered, simple analysis is possi ble with two simple models: one for active...

Installing FTDI drivers?
I want to experiment a little with Arduino. Apparently I need to install FTDI scandal. (Who knows by sight which chips are legitimate and which are counterfeit?) :: page? :: Thanks, Dave
4
4

Why is the fuse blowing?
Just had to share...
5
5

"Backpan" or "backplane"?
A tech writer is asking me "backplane" or "backpan"? The use is in describing PLCs and the PCB the function cards plug into. His technical source--an engineer of the PLC manufacturer--insists the term...
3
3

Op-amp Summing Amplifier
Good feature of op-amp summing amplifier is that there is direct current pa th provided from every input to the output. For that reasons input voltage sources don't need to have current sink...

Scematic for Portable GE Radio/Cassette Recorder model 3-5264A
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for an old GE Radio/Cassette Recorder model 3-5264A? I am willing to pay for it. Thank You in advance, John

[JOB POSTING] Sought: FPGA PCB Design for Europe Electronics Company
We are searching for a freelance PCB designer that is familiar with FPGA, D DR3, LVDS, SMPS, Analog-to-Digital converters, USB, PCIe, Gigabit Transceiv ers, etc, board layout and schematic design. Has...

Testing a pm dc motor
180 vdc, 1 hp, pm motor. with dmm what should be the first tests? motor is in a difficult location to examine visually so i'd like to start with electrical evaluation. it measures 1.2 ohms between the...
8
8

Looking for a schematic/suggestions
The goal: A power supply that outputs a solidly regulated +5.0VDC at 500+mA under load, fed from a ridiculously variable input supply - basically anything that can feed it enough juice to give the...
4
4