Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Why are capstan wheels different size?
Oh, smarter-than-I people, The 2 belt-drive capstan flywheels in an auto-reverse cassette mechanism are different sizes. (Motor drive pulley will be in the small loop end of the belt in illustration...
22
22

Watts vs. VAs
My basic question is: Which one does the power company bill you for? Background: I have one of those "Kill A Watt" thingies, and I've noticed that it tells you the number of Watts, the number of "Volt...
4
4

electric razors
How does an electric razor work? Props to the inventor, he's sharper than I am -

Lump in series with LED's Christmas/Holiday lights
I have noticed that about half of the LED Christmas light strings have a "l ump" about 1.5 inches long and 1/2 inch diameter in series with the lights, which have polarized sockets. I assume that it...

microwave blowout
Yesterday, in a cafeteria, I decided to hard boil an egg in a microwave oven (which I never tried hitherto), a minimum size unit. I half filled a standard paper coffee cup with water, sufficient to...
10
10

drones
I notice, with these new toy drones, they all use quad rotor design. Why? I never studied aerodynamics, but I'm willing to learn -
1
1

Instructions Manual for BAFX Products, "IR Repeater"
Hi, INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL FOR BAFX PRODUCTS, "IR REPEATER" I failed to find, via Google, Yahoo, & Bing, a source for instructions manual (such as .PDF) for the "remote extender" (IR Repeater) that...
1
1

Microcontroller NG
I am somewhat disappointed at the lack of newsgroups dedicated to microcontrollers. Specifically the more popular ones such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Propeller, Basic Stamp, etc. The existing groups...
1
1

explain this
I use an armband radio while running. The battery compartment lid is damaged, I repaired it using a sophisticated high tech rubber band technique. Occasionally, the lid connection is visibly loose,...
1
1

IDFT transform
If we have DFT coefficients, we can reconstruct the signal by using IDFT transform. Read more: and simulate

Parallel R-C circuit impedance
It is obvious that with signal frequency increase, impedance of parallel R-C circuit decreases, since impedance of the capacitor decreases with frequency, and capacitor is in parallel with the...

DIN rails and diodes
I am building an industrial sensor system for warehouse and need to isolate some inputs using blocking diodes (simple rectifiers will suffice). To do this in the DIN rail configuration will take 2...
6
6

www.cablesonline.com Warning
Hi, I bought two different 2.5" IDE extension cables from and both had manufacturing defects with the female connector. I returned them for a refund, but I only received a refund for the items, not...

Building a valve radio
Suppose a fellow wanted to build a valve (=vacuum tube) AM radio. Where might he find detailed instructions? -- Shall we only threaten and be angry for an hour? When the storm is ended shall we find...
8
8

Someone has informations about
This?? --- news:// - complaints: ---