Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How can I convert SPDIF to EFM (RF) signal ?
Hello A friend of mine do have a kenwood DP-460 cd player with a dead laser, it was a very good sounding cd player, he ask me to modified this kenwood into a DAC. So, to use a SPDIF signal, the only...

Faulty BenQ FP72G Monitor
I have a SP72G BenQ Monitor which worked fin for 3 years until one day when I switched it on and it displayed teh BenQ Logo for a second and then faded out in a series of colours before switching off....

Relace batteries with cell phone charger
I replaced (3) 1.5V AA batteries used in a called I.D. unit with a wall transformer that used to charge up a cell phone. It puts out 6.17 volts DC at .7amp. The displays shows Set Language but goes no...
4
4

Voltage Dropper question
Hi there, This is a basic question about electrics I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with. I have a 24V 20AH LiPo battery I am planning to use for a device that runs at 12V. I am...
3
3

induction heating diesel injection lines
The title says it. I plan to use induction heating on the injection lines on the 6-cylinder diesel engine in a pickup truck in anticipation of converting it to run on vegetable oil. (Also more...
28
28

AC motor speed control
I have one of these ( but the bugger blows way too much air and is very loud. So I bought one of these ( and that did slow things down a bit but not enough. I have a 10A solid state relay and a...
4
4

Making LED light pipes...
I wanted to build something akin to mini neon sign like those in Las Vegas or the Time Square in NYC but on small scall. conventional neon are too large and too inefficient. CCFL could work but...
6
6

Speaker Source
What is a good source for speakers? I have a 50mm 16 ohm 1.5W speaker I need to replace. Didn't see anything at Radio Shack or Newark or Allied or DigiKey or Mouser. Tom
17
17

Tiny prog to respond to fax tones and take the call?
Hi Experts, I use WinFax to send faxes and I can set it to take a fax call - but it responds to ALL calls. Is there a mini prog that would recognize the fax tones, pick up and then "lay down" the...
12
12

Create your website
Webhosting at affordable prices.... visit us STANDARD PLAN: 1.99 $/month 100MB Disk Space 2GB BW Transfer BUSINESS PLAN: 2.99 $/month 1GB Disk Space 10GB BW Transfer ADVANCED PLAN: 4.99 $/month 2GB...

Protecing a BNC Coupling from the Weather
I have two coax cables outdoors that are coupled by BNC. Is there some good way to protect them from water and other weather elements? Tape and plastic wrap doesn't seem to be the answer. It would be...
6
6

another digital tv question
With the advertisements regarding the upcoming conversion to Digital TV, they always mention that you need to be sure you have an antenna suitable for DTV reception, and sometimes recommending a...
7
7

How to silence the ringer of an electronic phone?
Is it possible to silence a non-mechanical phone ringer that does not come with a ringer om/off switch?
3
3

Wartime Minicsope oscilloscope , any info/sources ?
Made for ultra portability fits in an 8x11x 2.5 inch case when the thyratron and vibrator are removed from the chassis and stowed near the hinge. What war time use was there for such a small 'scope,...
37
37

program to burn hex files to picstart plus
Since I gave up on the homebuilt programmers I have been happy with MPLab and pickstart plus (USB OLIMEX job), but now I have a hex file that I would like to burn ... Is there anything like...
3
3