Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ICETech Micromaster LV
I have one of these things sitting around in my workshop but so far I have been unable to make any sense of it, so rather than chuck it in the skip I am offering it free to anybody who might want to...

Ancient refrigerators
How did they make ice, in the days before electricity? And did they figure it out empirically, prior to the development of thermodynamic theory? ? Rich
5
5

Power Routing Switch
Working on a gadget that uses a 12 volt motor (10 amp peak) and misc electr onics running on lower voltages. It is powered from an external PSU like a laptop supply, but 12 volts. There is also a...

warm air
A nearby college includes a building, surrounded by an outdoor arcade, at street level. At one point, the warm internal air is expelled, which is natural, they perform continuous circulation. A nice...
2
2

C.Crane radio antenna problem
Hi, I have a C.Crane Witness + Radio. It has a tivo-like function and can record broadcasts to mp3 files on an SD card. The antenna fits into the headphone jack and is about 2 ft long. The reception...
1
1

Lime skates
I looked at one of those Lime electric skateboards. It has a QR code sticker, and no other user interface, that I noticed. I never rented one, and wonder how the system works, the network stuff. It...
1
1

Rhode & Schwarz - Website Down?
Hello, all. I haven't been able to access the subject's website for 2 weeks now. Assuming the problem isn't on my end why would a major supplier of test equipment allow this? Thanks for any insight....
3
3

Control a VFD via cDAQ 9178
I want to control a Delta VFD ( ) unit through the cDAQ-9178. I got an analog input module NI 9201,analog output module NI 9263 and digital output module NI 9472. I have never connected analog modules...

IBM Selectric typewriter
I have two cycle wheels for the IBM Selectric typewriter.
1
1

black light
I saw a pocket flashlight in a hardware store yesterday, it shines UV. Such a package is new to me. What is it good for? What's inside? And whence the origin of the term 'black light'? I recall days...
6
6

Pet Daycare and Lodging Market Overview, Growth and Analysis Research Report 2018-2025
The report Pet Daycare and Lodging Market by Key players highlights the ess ential market dynamics of Pet Daycare and Lodging Market sector. The effici ency of this segment has been studied deeply...

defibrillators
How does a defibrillator work, what's inside? And how does it affect the body, ameliorate a heart attack? Hoping there's a cardiologist in this group, as well as engineers -
1
1

IC test clip with LEDs
I remember years ago seeing a clip that would fit over an IC and show the logic state of each pin on an LED (or an LED pair). Something like this Do such clips still exist but with LEDs on top and...
8
8

Power a test TTL circuit from USB?
Having not touched any of this kind of stuff for years I'm looking to power a small TTL test circuit which I intend to built on a breadboard. I wondered if I could run it off USB power. In other...
13
13

cassette conversion
I have a box of old cassettes in the attic (like a million other blokes). Rather than consigning them to the dust bin, I'd convert them to MP3 files. Anybody have suggestions for a converter? I could...
2
2