Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Plain FR4 laminate in the UK
I'm after a supply (preferably in the UK) of small quantities of FR4 laminate (or similar) preferably 0.8mm but anything up to 1.6mm will do. A sheet size of 12" square minimum. Loads of places can do...
4
4

A simple doubt..
Hi everyone,i have a simple doubt that all dvd player will support surround sound(5.1).In short Is there any dvd player which have no 5.1 and only have stereo(2.0)?I want a professional answer?
1
1

MikroElektronica experimenteer board
Hallo, Graag zou ik mij een bord kopen van MikroElektronica met een PIC- of AVR-processor. De borden zijn enorm veelzijdig vind ik vooral met de vele in-out opties LCD display en grafisch touch LCD...
18
18

Standby power consumption measurement
Given up trying to measure this on my LCD TV (egg see ) But could someone enlighten me as to how the TV manufacturers do it? What type of equipment would they use to measure these low consumptions...
10
10

NEC plasma TV: what's the cause of image "solarizing"?
This 8 year old NEC PX-42MP3A plasma has some -- what I'd call solarizing effects. See this photo of the screen: Note the fine blue and red outlines on the cheeks of both faces. These surround the...
10
10

Looking for a UK source of 1.7mm or 8BA screws.
Hi, Can anyone suggest a UK supplier that sells small cheesehead and countersunk screws, together with lock-washers and nuts, with either 1.7mm or 8BA thread? None of our usual distributors (Farnell,...
3
3

The art of Electronics 3rd (third!) edidtion
Any news on its release date, if any? I've found clashing information on this book: it's already out, it's due shortly or will remain a myth for years to come. Is it reeally going to be published soon...
5
5

Using a second computer case as an external SCSI enclosure
Hi All, I have an ancient computer that's just collecting dust on my network, and I'd like to use it as an enclosure to hold (and power) a few SCSI devices, one DVD burner and two hard drives. It will...
5
5

PCB Magnetic Loop Antenna Design Software
Or just use them as a very high Q inductors. Since they have only 1 turn there is no proximity effect and they have a very low distributed capacitance. They are perhaps the most extraordinary physical...

Need help in the development and use JMCAD
Need help in the development and use JMCAD Project Information JMCAD is an program for the modeling and simulation of complex dynamic systems. This includes the ability to construct and simulate block...

Noise
I'm blind and hearing impaired. I need to use an equalizer in order to understand TV. When I hook the TV through the equalizer I get a loud hum that causes me to bearly understand whats being...
2
2

Cable For My Waveform Generator?
I just got a arbitrary waveform generator. it didn't come with a cable. How do plug the signal into my circuit? Is there a special coax cable I can use/buy? Can I just use the same type of leads/cable...
7
7

Need transistors numbers suggestions
Hello Any suggestions of npn low noise small signal transistors who who goes up to arround 500 mhz ? Thank Bye Gaetan
2
2

UPS Voltage?
I just bought a digital multimeter and wanted to check my battery and UPS. When I check the voltage of my battery it gives 12.6. When I check voltage of UPS ( not connected to the battery) it gives...
7
7

LED to power a DC motor
Hi, I am designing a circuit. It consists of two parts, the output of the first part is an LED signal, which is ON/OFF based on certain conditions. I require a DC motor to be powered on when the LED...
4
4