2 questions about SD cards

Someone (not me) is working to make a special cxartridge that can be used with MMC card to load any 2600 game ROM for playing on the actual 2600 system. It could prove useful to game development as it'd skip the need to burn EPROM and eliminate the need to build custom cart PCB for games larger then 4K.

But MMC is fairly hard to find locally nowday and pretty much all electronics uses SD instead of MMC. Even those that uses MMC can use SD.

So my question is: does anyone know where I could find a detailed spec on SD card including how to read it and such? Also where may I find a source of SD card socket? I could be wrong but it appears to be slightly different than MMC card socket. Finding the info and the socket could help get the cart to use SD card instead of MMC card (or even use both)

Thanks.

--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
Reply to

Why not just use EEPROM, or battery backed ram to store the code for testing? Also, the April 1986 issue of BYTE magazine had a project for an in circuit EPROM emulator. "Build the Emulo-8" starts on page 105. It has a serial interface, but that could be changed to a parallel, USB, or ethernet port with modern chipsets.

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Michael A. Terrell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You mean Atari 2600?

Sean Kelly makes a Multi Cart, has the entire library on one cartridge, as well as custom games. Check out atari newsgroups, as well as Vectrex and ask for Sean Kelly.

I have a Vectrex Multi Cart for my Vectrex, amazing.

Has the entire library on one cart available through menu control.

--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Myron Samila

well as custom

Kelly.

I know about Sean Kelly multicart but currently he only sells Vectrex version. (copyright issue) And that's not what I'm looking because multicart couldn't updated by self for new games or to test a new program.

EPROM is also out of question, most people don't have EPROM programmer and don't want to build or own one.

The MMC card based cart is currently under development as most people already has the multicard reader or could get one for under $15 and new games can be added in a blink.

Reply to
Impmon