Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Spicy Schematics and Simulation for iPad, version 2.2 now available on app store
We are very happy about Spicy Schematics v2.2.0, .. all major bugs zapped, and tons of new features added .. check it out!

Replace touch dimmer control
I bought "Indoor Wire-In 3-Level Touch Dimmer Replacement" to replace the burned touch control in my touch-sensitive lamp. In the picture a bigger picture, with instruction of the AmerTac kit: old one...
2
2

More questions on microphones
Okay, so I have learned how the microphone I purchased that comes with what looks like a stereo plug expects to be used and connnected, and now have another question of a similar nature. This link...
5
5

Odd behavior of a switch
We have three light switches in a hall way, and stairs that lead down to the lower level. One switch is on a wall, and two others on the opposite wall. The walls are perpendicular to the hallway. One...

Question on uni-directional microphones
Just bought a more-or-less uni-directional mic (intended for VOIP) for my latest project, and saw that it comes with what looks like a stereo 3.5mm plug. I am *guessing* that these separate bass and...
4
4

possible ground loop
Hello all, I am trying to power an Atari 2600 video computer system and an audio amplifier from the same 9 volt wall wart. I've applied a stereo modification to the 2600 and mounted the amplifier and...
6
6

Best way to splice together two pieces of small coax?
Needed to splice together two pieces of small coax (like 174 or such) and was not satisfied with my final result. It *works*, but really needs to be done better. What is the best way to splice...
5
5

jamming the cops
The effectiveness of police stems largely from their team training, like soldiers - always backing each other up. Procedure is, never try to handle a perp alone. So of course, their radio is always...
3
3

Questions about my pwm sine inverter
Hello I never succed with PIC programing, so I've assembled a schematic of a simple version pwm sine inverter. I have few SG3524 but no SG3525, and I can't find any SG3525 here around, that why I use...

Regenerative radio receiver book
Hi, I have put together a short book on regenerative radio receivers to mark the 100'th year of the discovery. It is available here: explains all the main topics needed to make a regenerative receiver...

LED flashlight
I was looking at some LED flashlights, with ratings from 50 to 150 lumens. A p-n junction is a p-n junction, how do they get such varied outputs? I examined the working end, they all look alike, with...
17
17

Internet Radio - Magic Box Cleaver DAB FM Wi-Fi Internet Radio
Wonderful!
1
1

Voyager 2 computer and electronics
Hi I saw a documentary about it, and was thinking - what kind of electronics were in there? In 1977 at least the 4004 was around probably also the 8008. Or did they create their own? And the digital...
3
3

car phone
In old movies, you sometimes see something called a 'car phone'. Always in a limousine. How did those work? -- Rich
12
12

Who makes 2N part#s?
Any idea who is that makes the line of 2N#### parts? Am trying to find cross-referrences, and all I have is an NTE cross and a book put out by Sam's that does crosses to RCA and a couple others. Any...
5
5