Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fluorescent lights stop microwave beam
If you go to Tusla's death ray I explain how a beam of what I think is a microwave beam that has been going over me at night and making me sick to my stomach and leaving a metallic taste in my mouth...
16
16

phone charger - curious.
Hi all, By no means am I an electronic guru but I was wondering about something I've noticed. When I charge my phone at home on the mains charger, it doesnt take nearly as long as it does to charge in...
4
4

GMR sensors and inductors used to detect metal / magnetic fields
Hello everyone, I have a question about metal detection and magnetic fields and such. I know that inductors and GMR sensors can both be used to detect magnetic fields and/or metal objects, but I was...
1
1

life span durable ground based 'satellite' device.
I'm developing an electronic device in order to collect and store a wide range of sensory (imagery, sound) data of an outdoor environment This device will be installed in a remote area, high on a...
1
1

Differential amplifier with DC offset
Hi, I made a differential amplifier using JFETs. The output of this amplifier sits at 5 volt DC offset. Now before i feed it to another stage, i want to get rid of the DC component. I want to avoid...
5
5

Crystal Oscillator High Voltage
Can you change the frequency a crystal resonates at by applying a very high voltage across it(through a high value resistor) so causing it to be compressed somewhat due to the electrostatic force....
5
5

Laser-based display?
Hi folks, I'm interested in creating a display device that I can build cheaply and which can cast an image onto a wall, whether the wall is near or far. Imagine I'm walking down the street, I take a...
7
7

Large LED display?
Hi all, Has anybody here ever tried to create a large display using just LEDs, like a 640x480 display for eventual use with a computer after control logic is added? I know, skeptics will say that's...
11
11

hp officejet 4110 all-in-one
I just found a hp officejet 4110 all-in-one printer-fax-scanner-copier on the street in a pile of trash. It didn't have a printer cable; all I have is the device itself. I picked it up in the hope...
21
21

GSM dialer for Alarm
GSM Dialers for household alarm systems cost a lot when compared to the cost of a mobile phone. I believe it should be possible to program up a single chip micro to issue AT commands to a regular...
4
4

FREE Information Seminar
Hi there Canadian Immigration Consultancy will have a FREE Information Seminar Schedule on How to become an Independent Immigrant in Canada at our Main Office. We will also introduce the New...
1
1

DVD player freezes up
I have an Audiovox Movies 2Go player in a van. It will no longer play a full movie. It will play for as little as 15min or up to an hour then the image freezes on the screen. It will not respond to...
6
6

sorry
Hi. I'm sorry I wasn't able to deliver your message to one or more destinations. Undeliverable mail to Message follows:
2
2

-- Magnetic motor 1, the static magnetic field 1) Motor
-- Magnetic motor 1, the static magnetic field 1) Motor, Edison is a classic -- for the motor commutator. It gave birth to a commutator Early glory and pride of Health also has its challenges by the...
3
3

802.11x, PCMCIA (or USB) adapter with RSSI and external antenna
Hi, There are vast amunt of variety for 802.11 network adapter cards in the market. For an experiement I am searching for 802.11x (a,b,g) adapter card with PCMCIA (or USB) interface. This experiments...
2
2