10 turn wirewound potentiometers dual ?

Hi all, I used and like the Precision 10 turn wirewound potentiometers R.S. code

460-7560

These are great though I need a dual version. I've seen the common carbon dual types though I need a 10 turn type and dual and wirewound if possible. Has anyone seen anything like these ? I'm not sure if they actually exsist or not.

The only way I can think of is to link 2 single ones up with that glass string stuff found in radios. I've tried that before and didnt have much luck with it, though at the moment it seems the only solution :(

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
exxos

We removed the back of one of them and machined a coupling from its shaft to the knob shaft of another to fashion a dual.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

ah right, didnt know they came apart, just had a look and it should be just a matter of drilling a hole though the back plate.

cheers, chris

possible.

exsist

Reply to
exxos

possible.

Yes, they do exist from Bourns AFAIK. I bought a few on Ebay recently. In Electronics World magazine was an article how to make a quad version with sprockets. (4 potmeters in a frame)

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton