yet another Altera Cyclone II EP2C35 dev. board

I've made another Cyclone II development board:

english user manual : http://fpga-dev.de/docs/cyclone2_user_manual_eng.pdf
german user manual : http://fpga-dev.de/docs/cyclone2_user_manual_ger.pdf

german project page with high-resolution photos:
http://fpga-dev.de/index.php?site=ep2c35_beschreibung

If you like this board, you can buy it via ebay for 179.- Euro.
(Simply search for "altera cyclone").
I'm sorry, but the shipping is restricted to European Union counties
only.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome!

Valerij Matrose

fpga-devweb.de

Re: yet another Altera Cyclone II EP2C35 dev. board

I'm curious:  Why the XC9572 instead of some Altera part?

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
Re: yet another Altera Cyclone II EP2C35 dev. board

Because
- I already used this CPLD for configuration purposes on a Virtex II
Pro board,
- it's only CPLD in VQFP-64 package I found,
- cheaper than comparable Altera parts.

regards,

Valerij Matrose

Re: yet another Altera Cyclone II EP2C35 dev. board
photos:http://fpga-dev.de/index.php?site=ep2c35_beschreibung

Wow, that doesn't look half-bad. I'm excited to see the use of
SODIMMs. Has this been tested with a 512 MiB DIMM? Too bad about the
Europe restriction (but given the current dollar ...).

Off-topic: A battery power optimized FPGA board in a compact form
factor would be most welcome. I have the LPRP (http://
www.arrowdevtools.com/pg_webc?full_domain_name=www.arrowdevtools.com&domain=ARROW_DEV_TOOLS&application=SEARCH&start_index=1&rows_to_display20%&ORDER_BY_COLUMN=3&ORDER_BY_DIRECTION=A&TOTAL_ROWS_RETURNED=-1&PUBLIC_SEARCH_SEQUENCE=&&event50%20&search_token=LPRP&search_type=click_through)
but it's about 4X too big. Also, something larger than the EP3C25
would be good.

Tommy

Re: yet another Altera Cyclone II EP2C35 dev. board

No, these will not work. Only SODIMMs with capacities up to 256Mbyte
are supported.

regards,

Valerij

Site Timeline