xup-v2p: Only USB 1.1

Hello,

I'm working with a new xup rev. 04 board: Whenever I connect the integrated USB Platform cable I only get USB full speed (1.1) although I need the faster USB 2.0 connection.

I tried 4 different machines, 3 different operating systems (VIsta, WinXP SP2, Ubuntu) even switched the USB A-B cable -- various combinations tried. The XUP board connects with 1.1, while in each and every case my Spartan 3E starter kit connects with USB 2.0.

The vendor ids:

Spartan3E : ID 03fd:000d Xilinx, Inc. xup-v2p: ID 03fd:0009 Xilinx, Inc.

I could post the usb endpoint configuration as reported by linux, but I cross checked with the Cypress EZ USB datasheet, and the USB

1.1 configuration for the xup looked like the one in the Cypress datasheet, when cypress decides it must do usb 1.1.

Any ideas how to proceed?

j.

Reply to
joerg

If you think you're only running at Full Speed because of the warning from Windows that says something like "This hardware is not performing at optimum speed. Try using a high-speed USB port." then you probably DON'T have a problem. The USB programmer has problems being recognized properly. I have no idea why this problem still lingers after all these years but I certainly hate seeing it. It took me days before I was comfortable that it was actually running at the higher rate.

Silly stuff.

Reply to
John_H