xst segmentation fault

After making some changes to some hardware that used to synthesize, xst now seg faults. This is using the Xilinx EDK flow. The error looks like: =========================================================================

  • Advanced HDL Synthesis * =========================================================================

Advanced RAM inference ... Advanced multiplier inference ... Advanced Registered AddSub inference ... ./synthesis.sh: line 3: 25715 Segmentation fault xst -ifn system_xst.scr

I am wondering specifically if this is happening because I am trying to add too many slaves to my PLB bus. I increased the max number of slaves allowed on the PLB bus and I am now trying to put 33 slaves on there. Is that a no-no? My other thought was that I could be trying to use more BRAM memory than is available on my device. Would it be possible get a seg fault in that case? Thanks for any pointers.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Blanton

"Matt Blanton" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e3au7r$mrt$ snipped-for-privacy@solaris.cc.vt.edu...

33 !? thats sounds like trouble! why do you need them on PLB bus? add PLB-OPB bridge (or more than one) and place some there

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I was hoping to avoid that because I am using a custom hardware module to control plb bram controllers which write to the BRAMs. I assume moving to the OPB will require a lot of changes to my hdl code and XPS project files, but I may have to end up doing that if the number of slaves I have on the PLB ends up being the problem. Thanks for the idea.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Blanton

plb_v34.pdf says the maximum number of slaves is 16. opb_v20.pdf says there is no maximum number of slaves, but Xilinx recommends 16.

Perhaps you need a custom bram controller.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka