XST error Xst:2035

hi

thanks for the answers on my last post. unfortunatly i stumbled across another problem:

has anybody seen this error:

Optimizing unit ... Loading device for application Rf_Device from file '3s200.nph' in environment C:/Xilinx.

Mapping all equations... ERROR:Xst:2035 - Port has illegal connection. Port is connected to input buffer and following ports: Port C of instance I_RS232/s_Receiving in unit top with type FDC CPU : 11.25 / 11.76 s | Elapsed : 11.00 / 11.00 s

I searched the xilinx answer database but nothing came up. could anybody help me here. i can also post my design if somebody wants to have a look at it.

thanks urban

Reply to
u_stadler

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

no need to post your desing its a very common problem, you have connection directly to pad and the there is also an IBUF on that pad

you need to make sure that all your signals are connected to the output of the IBUF

this sometimes happens wen chipscope is connected to wrong net, but there are many other possible cases where it may happen

either make sure that you dont instantiate any IBUF at all, or that all of them really are in the toplevel entitity only

hm as it clock signal, maybe the best is to have IBUFG in toplevel and connect all your clock signal to the output of ibufg that should take care of the problem, make sure that the clk iopin is only connected to IBUFG input and nowhere else

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

thanks for the answer!! problem solved!