Xst_Choice nodes

Hey,

Im trying some synthesis with Xilinx Xst in ISE 9.2 and i'm getting this error

ERROR:Xst:2259 - Unit has internal Xst_Choice nodes

Anyone know what an Xst_Choice node is? I've no idea what it is - maybe something to do with my coregen cores?

Can't find an explanation for ERROR 2259 anywhere either???

Any help wud be cool,

Cheers,

Rob.

Reply to
robquigley

A choice not is an pseudo gate in a netlist data structure. At it's fanin the choice node presents multiple alternatives to compute the same result. The mapper must than choose one of the alternatives.

After mapping there should be no more choicenodes left in the circuit. Apparently the mappter forgot some in your case.

See also:

Kolja Sulimma

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma